Visitor Map
Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;

By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

And what should we do with him?
Burn him!

The Angaza Project

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Why I do this

Why do people blog? Some, no doubt, do it as a way to stay connected with family and friends. Those people usually make their web posts private, and I am referring to those of us that hang our proverbial online hearts and thoughts on all the interwebs.

A percentage of us are out there doing it to try and make some extra money, a very small percentage do it as a living, but I think the vast majority blog as a way to express occurences, thoughts, and feelings, some hoping that others will connect with them and share a point of view, a comment, a sympathetic ear.....

I do it as a journal of my life for all to see. You never know when this existence will end, and I want there to be some record that I was here.

With that being said, last November my health took a turn for the worse ( read all about it HERE) and was a wake up call on many levels. It's not going to do me any good to save for retirement if I never make it there, or am in such dire straits I won't be able to do what I want.

Mom gave me some free passes to Bountiful's new recreation center. Today I used my last free pass, and bought a year membership, which was a perfect snowy, wintry day to go to the gym.

I could enjoy Mother Nature ......

From inside this beautiful facility
And going to the gym has helped my body recover immensely. Enough so that I can get excited for my next life adventure....

No comments: