Visitor Map
Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;

By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

And what should we do with him?
Burn him!

The Angaza Project

Monday, August 1, 2011

the birth of MTV

August 1st, 1981.
I was only ten years old when MTV debuted to national audiences on the Telly. I knew nothing about the world of music, as my primary focus was playing with my army guys, making up stories about futuristic space travel with my sibling's random toys, shooting my first (and only) beebee gun at beer bottles, and floating sticks down the creek behind my parents house. Pre-pubescent, pre-adolescent fun.

I don't know if it's sad or not, but I never really got into MTV until I was eighteen. But I do remember this video, which epitomizes everything about music television to me.
Do you know who is singing the intro?

That's right, Sting. Happy 30th MTV, you suck these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was the first video shown on MTV Europe. The first video shown on MTV USA was "Video Killed the Radio Star" by the Buggles.