Visitor Map
Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;

By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

And what should we do with him?
Burn him!

The Angaza Project

Saturday, January 16, 2010

500 days of summer

So, first of all, I want to start by saying that romantic movies, whether in the comedy or drama genre, are without a doubt my least favourite type of film. But as I was watching The Geek Show last night, they were spewing off their top 10 films of 2009, and surprisingly, this movie was on most of their lists.

So I thought to myself late last night, can so many awesome Geeks be wrong? So I watched it....

And, to my pleasant surprise, I really, really liked it. Funny, original, great acting performances ( especially by the guy that I can only remember from that alien show on TV in the 90's....alright Zooey was good as well)
The best part, for me, was how cleverly they get your attention from the opening credits...

"This film is fiction. That is what i consider Jenny Fleckman. Bitch."
( or something like that, I didn't buy it so i can't remember verbatim, but it was hilarious, and a perfect premise to the movie. And besides, who hasn't had a Jenny Fleckman?)

3 comments:

katieleigh said...

i also really love 500 days of summer

such a bittersweet film

Sean said...

Good call, this film really hit home with me as well, and then my summer kicked me in the teeth over the weekend, thanks for the link, cheers!

Kez* said...

:) great film, i love the songs from it as well