Visitor Map
Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;

By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King!

And what should we do with him?
Burn him!

The Angaza Project

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Insecure Male

I get it. I think most people do eventually. Not all of us humans get along. Some of us are just built to think/act differently. I actually relish this fact, and can not imagine life were everyone gets along with everyone else.

What I can not understand.... people that are so insecure with themselves that they will actually HATE people that do not like them. Seriously?


This past week, I learned that someone feels this way about me. I've suspected it for some time (7 years) but finally had it confirmed. And it all stems from the fact that I do not like ( but respect, tolerate, acknowledge) this person's personality. Selfishness, arrogance, immaturity, childishness, adult tantrums, incoherent babbling etc..just aren't character traits I associate or relate with on a continual basis. I also think there may be mental illness involved.

But I've decided to be the bigger person ( I mean, mental illness really is no laughing matter...) and I will make a more concerted effort with this person. So whenever I see them, I smile extra wide (although it makes me feel dirty) and make small talk ( which goes against every fiber in my being). I know it will make no difference, and my efforts are more than likely transparent, but what else can I do?

P.S. I do have a top secret plan to resolve this whole issue I currently face, but for the moment it must remain hidden in my medulla oblongta. But wish me well......

No comments: